Thursday, September 24, 2009

Anothy Robbins Live Thoughts

During the 2nd, 3rd and 4th day of the event, there are alot of lessons on Peak Performances. There are true reasons on why we are not using our fullest potential to work, why we are not maximising the energy of our body, and how our body is really working...

If we can make full use of our energy, and treat our body well with what we eat, we will be able to perform at our peak.

There are times when we feel so motivated to do something, the feeling is so great that we must get it done by hook or by crook, but everytime when we reach home, we just leave the thought behind, and 'I will do it tomorrow'...

The problem usually lies with the severity of the work to be done. People seldom do things, unless it has become an utmost importance, one that is "do-or-die"... then people start doing. We may have a project due in 1 month's time. But 1 month seems long. So we wait till 2 weeks later...

2 weeks later, we still have some time to spare, so may next week. However, time seems to travel faster than we think, and suddenly, deadline is just the next day. At that point, even though we are at our lowest energy level, we are able to stay up whole night, just to finish that project.

This goes the same for bad health habits like smoking. People know smoking can cause cancer, smoking can kill. But why they still smoke? It is because at that point of time when they smoke, they equate "Smoke=Pleasure". If I smoke, I'm happy, relaxed, energized. However, when the doctor has told them, "The next cigarette will really kill you!! " Then, they equate "Smoke=Death". That's when they stop and quit.

Another famous example. People go clubs and pubs and when they drink too much, they tend to vomit out. Then, they have severe headaches the next day, and keep vomiting... and they may even say " I'm not going to drink that much again, pain is killing me!!"

But you see them drinking as usual 1 week later. Why? You heard them saying they are not drinking that much again, but As usual, you see them get drunk, vomiting, fever...etc. Funny right? This is because the moment when they decide to drink again, there is No Pain! They have forgotten about the pain they had the past week when they are dead-drunk.

Everytime before we repeat those self-destruction process again, let's remind ourselves of the pain we had the previous time. This will really help us think twice/ thrice to do it again.


Our energy level is also a v great reflection of what we have been putting into our mouth. After this event, I knew that we have been putting in alot of Poisons into our body, and they greatly reduces our energy level in our body. There are also alot of myths on healthy eating and exercising which are not helping our body, but damage our body more!

With that, I had a 10-day challenge for myself. From 7th to 17th September, I followed a tight schedule and diet as stated in Anothny Robbins' book. Just a brief summary what I did these 10 days.

I exercised 3 times/week, for me, its mon, wed, fri. 7-10 mins of warm-up, 30 mins run, 7-10 mins cool down. Then I continued with push-ups, pushing myself to the limit, doing 5 more when my arm is shaking. Muscles don't grow when doing pushups from 1-20. They grow by 90% at the 21st onwards, when you are about to shout '' I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!".

After my exercise, I took a pear for my breakfast, + water! No bread, no cakes, no coffee, no tea. breakfast is the time when our stomach just got warmed-up. And we should not force our stomach with pastries and creams early in the morning.

People say... 早餐吃得,午餐吃得好,晚餐吃得少。
" A Full Breakfast, A Good Lunch and have the least for Dinner."

Now, I only agree to the last part - 晚餐吃得少. True, we should not eat too much for dinner, as it is the time when we are going to sleep. Lunch, should be the time when we want to eat more! We still have a long way to go for the day, and that's only the time we are allowed to eat more.

We should also not focus mainly on these 3 main meals-Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. It is recommended to eat light every 3 hours, instead of heavy eating during these 3 normal meals. Frequent intake of small amount of food gives us energy to work through the day, instead of heavy meals, which just made us sleep. XD

I drank more water per day than I used to. This is just to keep body hydrated, and it is recommended to drink water every 15-20 mins. We can't wait till we feel thirsty then drink water. By that time, cells are dead! And the simple way to test if your body is hydrated, I think everybody knows- look at your urine.

Maybe you guys can try out:D

I had a great 10 day challenge. Energy level is really different, and try it out you guys will know! :D

I'm gonna set another challenge soon! :D

Have fun guys :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails