Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Year End WTH Exams

Seriously, exams are coming again. I'm really sick and tired of it.

I recently said that this whole year, not any sickness can bring me down. I hardly remember when was the last time I get cough, flu, fever, or whatever that caused me to go see doctor or lie in bed for days. Even when I injured my two fingers during a soccer match, I still can rub it off, let the swell go off, and carry my heavy luggage to the China trip.

However, I concede to exams. LOL?

In the past, end-of-year exams used to be my best activity of the year. A time when I can score lots of 'A's, see my rankings in class, den maybe go around compare with friends. And of course, holidays after that!

Also at that time, I do not like group projects or project work. I find that it's waste of time, and I have to put in a lot of effort, while other people just slack and watch things go along. So I never liked graded group projects, but love year-end 'one-shot' exams.

But now its seriously the opposite.

Now in Uni, I fare better in all group projects than those year-end exams.

I just simply love group projects, even if its about writing 3000 word report or shooting a film, I've done it! And I enjoy the process a lot! Good buddies are made in the process too. But year-end exam in Uni? I seriously have no interest at all. It's just the same as JC studies - swallowing all that the teacher has passed to you, den you vomit it out during your exam. You clean your mouth, and submit the paper. You forget everything after that - cos you never swallow back your vomit what.

Why are we still doing that?

I grumble a lot that I hated my course, but I still take it into stride. No point complaining now, since I'm almost finishing the course already. What's surprise me most is that, whenever people ask me what's my major, i tell them its 'Math & Econs'.

Usual reply: "WOW, You're so smart! Double Degree?"

Me: "Not really, just a double major".

Yea, that's how most conversations go regarding my course.

You see, the course title is quite bombastic la. Kind of give you some bragging rights. But unless you take the course, you have no idea what's inside it. To me, its just another course, with a fancy name to con students to sign up. Period.

So I'm left with 7 days to revise for my first exam paper.

And I don't feel like revising it. But I got to force myself to do it, just like how many other students are forcing themselves to swallow too. But like most of them, I will also vomit out on the exam day.

Do I have a choice? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails