Friday, October 02, 2009

How do you find this video?

Hi guys,

Watch the video clip I made below!:D(before you scroll down...)
































How do you find it?

I created this video, on 1st October after my rehearsal practice. What you have just listened is a shortened version of a classical piece played during our practice. (the full piece lasted almost 7 mins).

I recorded it as a video, and edited it and post it here to share with my friends here.
I completed my creation at almost 4 am. And I'm proud of it! haha.

I'm helping my orchestra spreading the information about our concert, Journey '09, on 3rd October, at NAFA Lee Foundation Theater. And while some of my friends created facebook groups, calling and emailing, putting up posters on walls and websites, I decided to try out this method. Hope it works :D

It may be a last-minute effort promoting the concert, but I think it is still worth a try. The concert has not started yet anyway :D

Ever since I graduated from my primary school, I hardly have any chance to perform, much less in orchestra. I didn't join any secondary school, JC, or community orchestra. In almost 10 years, I had the chance to be a guest player in my violin teacher, Mr Wu's orchestra.

Orchestral experience is there, and I love playing in a team again. But there is just a bit of 'loneliness' within me, as most of the orchestra players are in their lower secondary (age <14), href="http://www.ntustringorchestra.com/">NTU String Orchestra. It's quite nicely done up:D

The day I went for my first rehearsal practice, I was told that a concert is coming up in 5 weeks time. Oh! I'm excited! Haha. I have the chance to play in a concert with my orchestra, right after I joined them.

However, I was being told of the heavy practice schedule before the concert. 23 practices in a span of 4 weeks. Many of them are on weekdays, and whole of Saturdays.
I decided to make the sacrifice. There are a lot of things I have to give up temporarily - not going home on Friday nights, and have to stay in room alone that night too, not able to go out with friends on Saturday evenings, fellowships, gatherings...etc

I want to perform well in this concert, and let the audience enjoy great music too. I'm not sure of any more concerts coming up after this. But I must make sure that every concert is performed at its best, and to always bring the best to the audience.

I'm very glad that I have friends who supported me and my orchestra in this concert :D Thank you guys:D. We won't disappoint you!

Check out my next post (after the concert!)

~Ding Neng

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails