Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Month of July, Time to GIVE!

Hi guys,

We are at the month of July!

Time really really fly very fast. And when they fly, they never come back. Just last year, I was counting down to my ORD date. This month July, I'm going back to KINS unit for a 1 day briefing for my reservist. Time really flies.

For the month of June, I can say I receive quite a lot. And for the month of July, I can say it's my time to GIVE! I had learnt a lot of things, such as the little magic skills I learnt in Zoe Conference, the 'life-changing' words shared by Bro. Darren, 'mind-stimulating' words by many Wise people, and connecting with foreign friends in Facebook.

I just recently blogged about Bro's Darren words here:
1) Lesson 1: How long can you wait?
2) Lesson 2: Never judge a person by looking at his past...

Actually there are more lessons, I blogged it in later posts:D

I never afraid of information overload. I believe the more information I receive, the better
person I am. What I mean here is Good, Accurate, and Effective Information that will help someone change for the better.

Month of june, I came across a funny myth. I had a friend who called me 3 times on the phone in a matter of ard 3 weeks. To break-ice with me the first time, he asked where I stay, and where I am studying. I told him i stayed in Tampines, and going to NTU. Second week he called me, he asked me where I stay and where I study. I gave him the answer again, as i thought maybe he has forgotten.

THIRD week, he msged me in MSN, and asked the same 2 question!! I told him, "I thought I told you last time?" His reply was," Oh! I forgotten..." Alright, nevermind. Maybe he didn't hear properly last time. That same week, he called me again! He wanted to meet me for lunch, but I can't make it the last 3 weeks. I picked up his call, and he started saying..." How have you been..." and after 2 sentences of conversations...

He asked me "Where I stay?", "Where am I studying?". Wow. That really irritates me. I told him, "Hey, this is not the 1st time you asked me these 2 questions!!" He replied as "oh, I got a lot of friends to remember, you can't expect me to remember everyone's answers..."

Do you guys have such friends? It got me quite irritated, and maybe most of you guys, to repeat your answers for four times. Sometimes, I really wonder if this is a real friend, or just an acquintence. He told me he got poor memory, or alot of things to remember... My answer is BULLSHIT. Yes. It's just an excuse.

Let's see for example, If Johnny is an enthusiastic Arsenal Fan, and when Arsene Wenger, Manager of Arsenal, come to Singapore, and he gave you his contact no. and his time of arrival, and he wanted to meet Johnny and ask him to call him when he reach. You think Johnny will forget Arsene Wenger's number, and say, I got alot of friends' numbers to remember, and I can't remember yours? Haha. I think Johnny will even chant Wenger's number while he's sleeping...

What about Warren Buffett gave his number? Bill Gates? Brad Pitt?

And that's what I say, it's an excuse. Poor memory is an excuse. The reason is whether you have taken any effort to remember their number, and being interested in your friend. That's all. That's a poor communication skill, and it just irritates people :D

Last Sunday, 28/6/2009, I went to Johor, Malaysia for a Personal Development Course. So far, I have been to Two such courses. However, I will not say they are the same. Each has its own characteristics. The last course I've been to was back in November, a 2-day course. Last Sunday's was a one-whole day course.

I woke up at 5am, took the first train at 6am to Yio Chu Kang, and jump on to my friend's car, and reach Johor at around 8 am. The course is held in a hotel, and food and everything is provided. It started at around 9, and everything finished at 10.30pm. Reach back Singapore at around 11.20pm

To me, this is a very good course. This will really help you change for the better. However, I can say, not everybody who attend this course will change. This really depends on the 'attitude' you bring into that course. Attitude. If someone who is serious, he will learn and absorb more. If he's not, it's unlikely he will learn much, and hence, change much too:D

This goes for other Personal Development courses, not just this. It should be a course tat someone should attend it voluntarily, and willingly, not by begging or by force. It's useless. The person will not change.

For any guys out there, I would seriously recommend you guys go for at least 1 Personal Development Couse in your entire life. The earlier you go, the better for you. I am sure you do not want to realise you need a change in life at the age of 50-60 yea... And, it would be recommended to go for Good courses, conducted by Good Qualified and Well-known trainers. It will make your money worth-while too.

Yup! I can say money spent on one's self education is the wisest investment. A improvement in skills, change in thinking, change in mindset will reap more benefits than one can imagine, when actions are taken.

I'll come back with more posts! and kindly share your comments with me guys!. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails