Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My name

This is an interesting and probably funny issue...

From the day i am born till now..
From the day i enter primary sch till now..

I got alot of names, apart from my real name..{Ng Ding Neng}..

These names are created from the mispronunciation of all my teachers since Kindergarden to JC!!!..

N i also wonder how they can pronounce my name so 'creatively'..lol..

In Primary Sch...
P1-P4...
my name is ding neang(try to pronounce)..lol...
p5-p6..
my name is changed to ding NING...
this is by Mr Chong, my p5/p6 form teacher..
n every student in my class called me dingning..lol..

Secondary schs..
sec 1-...ding dong..
this is invented by bryan i think..cos its easier to call me by this name when we r playing sports..like soccer or bball...haha..den all my sec 1/2 class ppl call me dingdong..namely spencer,cheekong,wailoong..........

sec 3-..ding niao...
this is invented by Derick thian..got no idea y i am called this..lol...

sec 4- ..ding neh..
this is a derivative of dingniao..haha...also modified by my class ppl..
and im both dingniao n dingneh in sec3/4...no dingneng..haha...

sec 4- also called myself Ding ge..
cos i have a brother in haising also...den hes called Ding Di..n im Ding GE!!..lol..

JC!!..
got another name...
DENG!!...
Ding + Neng = Deng + Nin??...
this is by syed during 1st 3 months of college...
he just duno how to pronounce my name after repeating so many times...
so he jus called me this...
n Now..whole class called me this..except some chinese classmates..

another one..Ding Ding..
by some frens...maybe its cute??..lol..

another from Choir...
Ding nang...
think its by Samuel n Justin...

AND DingNING again!!...by noordin..

and Mr niaoniao from jinhui..haha...
another derivative from 'dingniao'..

OK!!..so from the above..I got 10 derivatives from my REal Name...DING NENG...
n it is also evident tat all these derivatives may be due to the HIGH level of difficulty in pronouncing 'NENG'...

Actually im used to being called these names, so i might respond if u call me any of these names, cos it may be easier to remember my name this way..but it may sound stupid la..haha..for words like 'neh'..'nang'...haha...

Honestly speaking...i have an ENGLISH name...its jus tat i seldom use in sch..or never used b4?..haha...last time i used was when im in p1...haha...I jus dun feel like using it as its not printed in my IC..so it may seem tat i am giving myslef tat name..dun like it..haha..
However, i did use my ENGLISH name somewhere else...in tuition, in CCs...

remembered once i have to use an english for a GP teacher to call me during her lesson..
cos my name is jus too difficult to pronounce..den she asked if she can call me Nicholas..but its my big brother's name..!..lol..but its jus for 1 week haha...so pathetic ...

I also noticed 1 thing...
There is a 90% rate tat my teachers wont get my DINGNENG correctly...
tat means 9 out of 10 teachers will pronounce my name 'creatively'..haha...
n tat means only 1 of them noe how to pronounce!!..n tat teacher is .........




















A CHINESE TEACHER!!!...






hmm... i wonder wat my officers will call me again when im in army...
with my NAME sew on the clothes..

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails