Monday, May 11, 2009

Treasure your friends

The month of may..
its still early, but there are alot of things happening already.
There are happy things happening, as much as sad ones..really sad ones.. that have somehow related me...

on Friday, 8/5/2009,
In the morning when i just woke up to a super heavy big rain, i received a call from Daanesh, my police friend. I thought he must have something good to me, as always when he called me. I picked up, and his tone sounds funny. Its not his usual happy and joyus tone.

He ask me if i noe Faruk, a police teammate from APD also. Of cos i noe. He's from TPJC, same soccer team for 1 yr, same police 126th intake, same division. We were once teamed together on standby at airport for some ASEAN Summit Event in 2008. I asked what happened.

He told me he passed away this morning.

I say haha. He told me its real, and not a joke. From there on, i started to listen more to him. He met a bike accident that morning, and was sent to the hospital. He died on that day early morning. He told me he saw Xiwei, another of my police friend, started posting comments on faruk's facebook.

I went to see his profile.

Its real, its true. He really moved on that morning. I told Daanesh we will meet at his house void deck, where his other friends are. My heart sank. I have just lost a friend. He's well-liked by everybody and i still can remember all the days when im working at aiport as a partol officer, and he as a admin officer. We always joked whenever we met, about police, sentry, A.ng, Oc pat, anyone..

And when back to TPJC sch days, we played 'A' division soccer together, even though he just played a few games in midfield. We also made fun of Nordin's accents, while talking.. syedzz, ding nengzz, ayukzz..every word with 'zz' behind.HAHA.

When I met up with Daanesh, there are also other of his friends, esp from airport and TPJC. And its quite sad when people gather in this manner. Only gather when something bad happen. Not for good times..

When his body arrive, i could recognise his curly brown hair. He's an arab, and ppl like to play with his race. But he doesnt mind, and thats why we enjoyed with him ard. I went up to his house to see him for the last time. I could still recognise him, with a few bruises and injures on his face. It's a very sad scene.

I can feel it. The pain of losing a good friend. There are alot of memories with him in airport and school. And much much much more his family and friends have too.


I have this photo for him. He's just the best no.17.

I still couldn't accept that he was gone. I dont think his friends can, let alone his family.


Thats on 8/05/09.
Rest in peace Ayuk.

Today, just.just.

I received a sms from timothy tan, my police squadmate from NS03/07, APD, and who used to sleep next to my bed. In feb, he left for australia, University of Melbourne for his tertiary education.

When i received his sms, which i thought at 1st was from aust, im quite surprised. But i read on..


He told me his dad has passed away on saturday...

Ouch. I saw him online and talked to him. He just came back from australia. This is very sad. He was in Australia then when he recieved the news. I will be meeting him at his dad's wake...


This May.

just 10 days passed, and in a matter of few days, bad news after bad news. When this happen.. Im thinking what's next only. What's next to come..

Life's fragile. When my grandma passed away, and when i saw so many people appear, i came to that thought. I think i have blogged tat b4...

Why must there be a funeral, or something happen, then everybody can gather together? This includes Long lost friends, your old neighbours, long distant relative, and many u have lost contact for many years. Why must wait for something to happen, den can gather n meet up? Why not on a more frequent basis, dun say everyday, but once every year is not too difficult rite?

At my grandma's wake, so many of my parents friends, their primary sch buddies, their secondary sch classmates, who never contact for 20+ years appear. Some had even lost contact, but received the news from friends of friends. Some of my ah ma old neighbours back at the old chai chee kampong appear. My ah ma's brothers and sisters also turn up, who i saw them when im in primary school. Why only now...

Many times, we took things for granted. I took things for granted also. We always thought everything, everybody will be there for us. We only think of the beautiful memories we had, once we lost it. We seldom treasure relationships with friends and family.

Sometimes, you always thought that you could have done more b4 the person left. but when u start thinking, Its too late... Then we start to regret. I did. And alot of people did.

It's good to start treasure your dearests ard us now, and do all the things we want to do for them, and have beautiful memories of them. We always want to leave beautiful and fun memories behind, and not regrets. Can we?

As it says: Yesterday is history, Today is a gift, Tomorrow is a Mystery.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails