Saturday, May 01, 2010

In Loving Memory of Melissa Toh


I do not know who is Melissa Toh. I'm not her friend. She don't know me too. However, you may ask why I write about her when I don't even know her.

The first time I came across this girl who is called Melissa Toh, is when she has already left the world. She became popular in facebook, when many of my friends 'like' the group created for her, "In Loving Memory of Melissa Toh". I went to that group, and see what really happened. That facebook group didn't talk about how she left the world, but there are many lovely message left by his friends on the wall.

Only today, 30/4/2010, I read about the story of what really happened to her. I do not know if it's true, as I got it from news and other blogs too. Melissa Toh is from Temasek Poly, and she took her life on Wednesday morning. It is quoted that she has some relationship problems.

I do not know exactly what problems she is going through, and I do not want to speculate too. But I think she might have been thinking a lot a lot, which is why she took this decision. Committing suicide may seems like an easy act, but I can say that the decision to do it is very difficult. If given a choice, nobody wants to do it.

It's very saddening to see another person leave the world. If she is your friend, you would have been heart broken, and would be recalling all the sweet memories and fun you had with her. You would never have thought that a friend would leave you suddenly.

I once lost a very close friend of mine, who left because of a bike accident. Yea. When I heard that news, every moment I spent with him in the past, just became so fresh in my mind, but the sad thing is, you know all these will be memories, and it will never happen again.

If I want to say one thing, it would be to take the initiative and spend time with people we treasure most. It's hard to see them leave us, without we doing what we want to do for them.

Rest In Peace, Melissa Toh.

2 comments:

  1. well sometimes the pain of living on is too much to bear. the present heartache u feel is so traumatizing...the pain u r feeling kinda exceed what ur heart can bear, i.e. ur heart capacity is too small to handle the heartaches u r facing... actually just nw wanted to respond during svc, but too paiseh to do so...i tink this tragedy is avoidable if she consulted her frens and family b4 deciding to do such a tragic decision, cos every1 is just a phone call away...it would be great too if someone notices her moods and feelings and dare to intervene to speak to her life. how many friends do we really hv that can truly say that they will always be there for us? =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey wen long, thanks for your comments:D It quite pain to lose a friend... really. Caring friends and support are important. They can save a life. Next time you have such thoughts, look for us! haha! :D :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails