Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dream BIG Dream BIG!

I'm back with my post! Fell sick for the 1st time in 3-4 years, and I can say it's not a very appropriate time to get fever, with the ongoing H1N1... But I've recovered! and thanks to my dear friends for their concerns and blessings!!

yup! so let me post again!

Let's ...

Dream BIG!!!




yup. How come I decide to post this?

This is because, it is something we do since young!

When we were little kids, our dreams are as big as universe. Our dreams are often becoming somebody Great and somebody powerful!

Little kids, and we are dreaming of becoming the World President, Becoming a Prime Minister speaking in Parliament, Becoming a 'Michael Jackson'-like pop singer, Becoming the Richest person on Earth, Wants to land on the Moon, Wants to own a Spaceship.... many many more...

Still remember yours?

I did remember mine. Whenever my dad brought me to Changi Beach to watch aeroplanes, my dream is to be a pilot of a plane. Whenever my dad drives to Malaysia 'GIANT' supermarket, I see myself building a supermarket BIGGER than 'GIANT' in the future...

So guys, what's yours? its interesting to think about it again:D

However, as we grow older, our BIG goals, BIG dreams, become small goals, small dreams.

From a World POP singer, we told ourselves its good enough to win our school's Talent-time contest.

From a Minister, we told ourselves its good enough to be once a School Student Council.

From the Richest person on Earth, we told ourselves its good enough to be able to survive in this competitive world, no need to have a lot of money...

yup... BIG dreams... become small dreams... and may become NO DREAMS.

Sometimes, we are even afraid to dream. YES! We do not Dare to Dream!

We stopped Dreaming. We told ourselves Dreaming is a Waste of Time! Because what we dreamt will never come true. So Why Dream?!? You see how we are lying to ourselves??

This is interesting... When people are asked if they ever lied, many say no. They never lie. However, they do not know that they are lying to themselves every minute, every second.

We keep giving ourselves reasons to support our inadequacies. yup! We lie to ourselves we can't do this , we can't do that. And we use some meaningless reasons to support these claims!!

And for this, We dare not dream!

We are afraid that when we dream, we are seen as somebody silly, somebody with crazy thoughts, somebody who are not being realistic and practical. So we are afraid of how people see us too, and so we don't want to be seen as someone with Great Dreams!

Let me share something...

There are two kind of Thinkers in the world...

BIG THINKERS vs small thinkers...

When you tell your dream to BIG THINKERS... let's see what kind of response you may get...

You: '' Hi Tom! I would like to own one Ferarri one day, like the one you are driving now!"

Tom:" Hey sure dude! You will be able to own it one day! How are you going to do it?''

...
small thinkers...

You: "Hi Bob! I would like to own a Ferarri one day, it's damm cool!!

Bob:"HAHAHA stop kidding dude. You drive the Ferarri??? hahahha.Stop lying to yourself. Look yourself at the mirror! You know it's impossible. Haha. Just ride your bike and be happy man!"
...

So what are the two BIG difference you see?

BIG THINKERS never laugh at people's dreams/goals. They take it with respect. For one thing, they have done it, and they know it's possible, and they would encourage someone to achieve it too!

small thinkers laugh at people's dreams/goals. They will tell them to stop dreaming, and its impossible. They will tell them to be Content with their present life, and stop wasting time aiming for higher things.

Do you see alot of small thinkers around you? Whenever you want to say something about yourself, they laughhhhhhh hahahaha at you. They may sometimes say .. "You are Crazy"...

And when there are too many small thinkers criticising your dreams/thoughts/goals, your dreams become smaller and smaller...and poof!

No more dreams...

So what can you do?

Share your dreams with BIG THINKERS! Share your dreams with people who have achieved what you want! Share your dreams with people who can show you the way to achieve it!
Share with them, and just not to small thinkers...

...

Talking about dreaming... there's nothing wrong about dreaming. Dreaming can give yourself a CLEAR vision of what you want to be.

However, how come most people still can't get what they want even after they have Dreamt?

Simply because, they just dream and dream and dream and dream and dream...

and never DO anything to their dreams....

Yes! A dream is still a dream. and ACTION is what makes a DREAM a REALITY.

Maybe I can say, Dreaming gives you the BLUEPRINT of what you want...

Then you have to put this BLUEPRINT into its Real Form.

How to do it? I share it again :D


So first, for all things to materialise, we have to DREAM! Let's not be afraid of DREAMING!

Maybe I can share some REAL examples here...

1) Founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates. He had a dream when he started out his company...

'' to place a personal computer in every home''. Some call him crazy, some say impossible.

But now we look again. Don't each of us has a PC at home, running on Windows( before, if you are using Apple now:P) ?

So has his dream come true?

2) The Wright Brothers who invented the aeroplanes. They are inventing something that can fly!

There are people who say '' how can it be? It can only fly if it's lighter than air"

So again... SIA / Jetstar / Tiger Airways / Cathay Pacific ... aren't they flying all over the world? lighter than air?? haha.

3) And lastly the Famous example of...

Martin Luther King Jr. 's speech of "I have a Dream."

Actually i blogged about this example in my previous posts. Click here to view it:D

So their dreams have come true!! And again, do they care how small thinkers think of them?

Hardly.

And what if they do care of those small thinkers?

We will still be taking ships to USA, taking months. Using a PC would not have been possible. USA Presidential history would not have changed.

So how about your dream?

Will your dream be a dream that change the world?

P.S. Their dreams come true, because they did something to their dreams! They do not leave it there alone:D

I did my goals last year when I finish my National Service , 11 Nov 2008.
It has been around 7-8 months since then.
I set my goals that time, by dreaming BIG, what I'm going to achieve in the next few months to a year.
Yup. I dare to say of the 5-6 goals i posted, I did not accomplish most of them. Ya.
I written it down, but I did not achieve all of them.
I will did a review of my goals next month!! :D

At least I wrote down that time, and I'm not afraid of people laughing at me at my failure to achieve them :D.

After reviewing it again, I will post new ones up again!

If I have done it, what about you?

Let's

DREAM BIG

and

make

DREAMS
into REALITY!!


then, share them with BIG Thinkers!

See ya at next post! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails