Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy New Year! 2009

Hi guys

First and Foremost, a Happy New Year to Everyone Out there:D

its a brand new year again.2009

looking back, i started my NS in 2007, finished in 2008 nov. I have completed an obstacle which every guy has to go through in S'pore.

2008, even though there are successful things, happy moments, but overall, I still rate it a BAD year for me. For just 1 reason.

I lost my dearest grandma.

No matter how much I achieved this year, no matter how many happy moments i had this year,
the saddest moment which i wouldnt have wanted to happen, happened.

This year chinese new year, I would be missing out alot of things. Its not the money and red packets.Its the enjoyment of helping ahma to tidy her hse, putting decorations, filling up fridge with drinks, helping her carrying mandrin oranges from market, putting biscuits and sweets on tables. I will also miss out the smiles on her face, when all her sons(my uncles) gather at hse, with grandsons playing and running ard the hse, making her hse very lively. I will miss out the time she join us playing 'blackjack' and shouting together, laughing together. The chinese new year meals, with the tradition of eating the 'new yr fishes' that she will cook every chinese new yr and to serve relatives who come over..

All these will go into memory, and i am very sure nothing of this will happen in my life again, not again till im a father.

Alright,

I have also finished my NS, and have also reached my target of MCs. I can say for my police NS, i dint not learn any leadership, planning, or wat not from it. All i can say, there is nothing to learn.LOL. And all I learn is about working as a team, helping each other out, instead of back-stabbing. Other than that, nothing much. Hence sometimes u can see, esp regulars who work for long, they cant blend into the society, with others, most of their working styles are different from outside.

When i know abt this, i decided to spend my Time in more Productive stuffs. Stuffs which will be useful in my life, which is more beneficial to me than to keep on wasting time. I started reading, which i have not done in almost the past 18 yrs, and I FINISHED my 1st ever Book!.HAHA.

I have also met alot of different people, from differnt background, n also people with like-minded minds. Its sometimes a different experience talking to these people, and its not easy to talk to them too, as although same age, they know more things than us. This brings me to the mind of our current 'undergraduates to be' . Anyway, in my last post, I talked abt a friend of mine, who doesnt know and doesnt care abt current issues, current situations in the world, and just thinks with a University Cert, he can be at the top. This, i can say, applies to most undergraduates, who only think of hostels, night suppers with friends, skipping lectures, gossiping about lecturers, partying.... anyways, refer to my previous post ba:D

Alright, I might post my plans for 2009 in my next post:D

Good luck to everyone out there.
Make 2009 an unforgettable year:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails